top of page
40th CMA BALLOT
HELP TO PICK THE WINNERS
BEST OF 2021
40TH ANNIVERSARY CHICAGO MUSIC AWARDS
NOMINEES FOR THE HOSTING OF THE
40TH ANNIVERSARY CHICAGO MUSIC AWARDS (CMA)
Saturday, April 2, 2022
Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, 520 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago
Red Carpet arrival and VIP showcase at 6:00 pm
Select one nominee per category. Your decision should be based on activities and materials released between January 2021 and December 2021. Also consider the social relevance of materials, originality, sales, the scope of local and national performances, quality of performances & stage appearances. Voting starts on January 18th and ends March 15, 2022.
Fill in your information below and start your voting. (All the spaces with a * must be completed, while the other spaces are optional)
***Duplicate votes will result in all of your votes to be eliminated)
The Chicago Music Awards (CMA) 40th Anniversary Special Honorees
37. THE SPECIAL JEAN BAPTISTE POINTE DUSABLE HUMANITARIAN AWARD
* Melody Spann Cooper – WVON AM (for 59 years of Community & Humanitarian Contributions to Chicago.)
* Cesar Rolon – Imagine Marketing consultant.
38. SPECIAL LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
* Jimmy Johnson- Blues living Legend (93)
* Chosen Few DJs- 44 Yrs.– House Music
* Jesse White and the Jesse White Tumblers - 63 Years of Extraordinary Entertainment Contributions to Society
39. HON. MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY HISTORY AND EDUCATION LIFETIME AWARD
* Salim Muwakkil
40. MARTIN’S INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL AWARD OF HONOR
* For 50 Years of Support to African, Caribbean & Latin Communities- Rogers Park Fruit Market
* For 40 Years of Support to African, Caribbean & Latin Communities- Old World Market.
* For 30 years of Support to African, Caribbean & Latin Communities- LaFruteria, Inc.
* For 30 Years of Contributions to the Music Industry - Dr. Calvin "Doc" Flowers - Manatee Records
Martin’s International and The Chicago Music Awards
“Bringing Nations Together Through Music and Culture.”
Thanks to you and our sponsors for helping to make this annual event of musical achievements possible.
Supported by WVON 1690/VON TV, LaFruteria/All United Imports, Rogers Park Fruit Market, Old World Market, Johner T. Wilson, Dinsmore & Shohl, Omar Medical Inc., Herbert Witter-Insurance Brokers Inc., Son of Thunder Inc, Stanmorr Sports, Inc, African Spectrum, Africa USA Today Magazine, CBDLioness.Wakanna.com, and others.
Get tickets now or Donate at www.chicagomusicawards.org or call 877/973-4423. (7)
*** Special Lifetime Award ***
Thanks for your vote!
Subscribe to www.YouTube.com/IRAWMA and like us on FB, ID, TW @chicagomusicawards.
bottom of page